Life In Fast Forward: The Blog

Tuesday, February 24, 2009
As Interesting As I Can Get: A Few Steps Toward Momentum

Executive Essentials Pens, Gifts and More!

Executive Essentials: Pens, Gifts and More!

In celebration for reaching his 3,000th blog post, Seth Godin asked his readers to either start a blog or post something really interesting today.

Since I've already overdone the former, I'm stuck with the latter. But frankly, I haven’t been feeling all that interesting lately. Hence my lack of posting to the blog, working on the business, and connecting with the outside world.

It’s more than just writer block, or lack of time because of deadlines at the day job, or lack of progress in the side gig, or even the burden of the combination of all three put together. But there is not real word or explanation for it.

But there is a simple fix: momentum.

I am at the point of completion to a few products that have the potential to catch on and grow. I have plenty of new ideas I just need a little time and a lot more resources to flesh out and make good. I have a lot of one-foot-after-the-other plans that are ready for that first step to get the plan in motion. But sometimes, when you are at a complete stop, the hardest thing to do is to stand up and take that first step. But once you do, its makes it much easier to take the next step, and the next step, and then to pick up the pace to a fast walk, jog, run…that is momentum.

What do you do to keep your momentum going? What do you do once your momentum is broken?

Labels: , , ,

posted by J. Cleveland Payne @ 10:43 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Welcome to my new blog. This is where I will chronicle the next phase of mis-adventures of my life. Thank you for staying on the ride, and for you newcomers to the inside of my mental mania, I will do my best to make sure the trip is both entertaining and educational.

Life In Fast Forward: The Blog is still a bit of a work in progress. Keep checking in for new posts and site updates.

21 Great Ways to Live to be 100

About Blog
This blog supports some of the thoughts and interjections from the folks at Fast Forward Business Properties. Our ideas, things we test, and a few random thoughts will show up here.

  • Name: J. Cleveland Payne
  • Home: Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
  • About Me: News is my profession, so it only fits that I am a news junkie. I'm a radio show/segment producer for a news/talk radio station in Little Rock, Arkansas.
  • See my complete profile
Previous Post
Title

Welcome to my new blog.

Life In Fast Forward: The Blog is still a bit of a work in progress. Keep checking in for new posts and site updates.

Links
Templates by
Blogger Templates