Life In Fast Forward: The Blog

Monday, April 27, 2009
The Next Effects

46% off Bestsellers at Booksamillion.com

46% off Bestsellers at Booksamillion.com

In what is essentially another variation of asking "What Would Jesus Do," I have come up with a not exactly original concept called ‘The Next Effects.’

The Next Effects is a system that will help you think ahead to any action you might deem risky (good or bad risk is not important) and determine the potential consequences that may come from making that choose.

All you do is when you are faced with the choice to make an action, ask yourself:

-How will this action effect me or those around me in the next few minutes?

-How will this action effect me or those around me in the next few hours?

-How will this action effect me or those around me in the next few days?

-How will this action effect me or those around me in the next few months?

-How will this action effect me or those around me in the next few years?

For those who want to swap out the verb ‘affect’ meaning "to influence" for the noun ‘effect’ meaning "result," feel free. I prefer effect, but spell check suggested otherwise. Not wanting to miss the point or lose the moment of creativity, I offer you the creative license to pick a favorite or ridicule me for not grasping 8th grade grammar.

For a more detailed and well thought out model of this line of thinking, pick up the new book 10-10-10 : A Life-Transforming Idea by Suzy Welch. Or, you can follow the model I just laid out for free. Its no Bubble Friday, but The Next Effects is one of my favorite current creations.

UPDATE: I'm going to count it as a fine example of great minds thinking alike, and then dare to compare my feeble brain to Michael Wade's over at Execupundit.com, who put my rambling thesis in perfect business perspective with his post The Next 30 Minutes.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

posted by J. Cleveland Payne @ 6:04 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Welcome to my new blog. This is where I will chronicle the next phase of mis-adventures of my life. Thank you for staying on the ride, and for you newcomers to the inside of my mental mania, I will do my best to make sure the trip is both entertaining and educational.

Life In Fast Forward: The Blog is still a bit of a work in progress. Keep checking in for new posts and site updates.

21 Great Ways to Live to be 100

About Blog
This blog supports some of the thoughts and interjections from the folks at Fast Forward Business Properties. Our ideas, things we test, and a few random thoughts will show up here.

  • Name: J. Cleveland Payne
  • Home: Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
  • About Me: News is my profession, so it only fits that I am a news junkie. I'm a radio show/segment producer for a news/talk radio station in Little Rock, Arkansas.
  • See my complete profile
Previous Post
Title

Welcome to my new blog.

Life In Fast Forward: The Blog is still a bit of a work in progress. Keep checking in for new posts and site updates.

Links
Templates by
Blogger Templates